Coffee Talk 4.27.18
The second Coffee Talk segment is here! Isn't is so true that we all vastly overspend on liquids? Matcha, protein shakes, and wine are what wipe my bank account dry. Okay, let's get down to it- here is the scoop on what is going on this week:
I freaking love Barry's Bootcamp. It brings me back to my soccer days of running my a** off and lifting weights. I can honestly say, that after two miscarriages in 6 months, my body was not the same. I had gained some L.B.s and I wasn't happy. I was a raging emotional mess and my hormones were running amuck. My husband would never say it because he is a saint, but they were DEFINITELY out of whack. It also doesn't help that I wasn't happy with my body for rejecting 2 pregnancies. As you can imagine, some people have said some pretty insensitive things about my appearance that also made me hate my body even more. All this to say, I have Barry's and my Saturday soccer league to thank for helping me to love my body again even through some pretty rough circumstances (Barry's if you want to sponsor this post with some free classes, I wouldn't mind *hint*hint*)
For those that have been asking, we are still trying to have a baby. However, it has been put on pause for a bit because I just want to be a healthy 27 year old for a little while. I don't want to think about my ovulation, or my hormones, or my irregular chromosomes, or anything that has to do with conceiving a child for a little while. I think God is trying to do some work in other parts of our lives and we want to be open to that.
Things I'm Loving This Week
- I bought these Le Specs Cat Eye Sunglasses (pictured above) a few months ago and I always feel REALLY cool when I'm wearing them. My friend Tamryn of Wanna Be Fashion Blogger bought them first and I was obsessed with how they looked on her. They were kind of a pretty penny, but I found some dupes on Amazon here.
- I have worn out my Adidas Ultra Boosts, so I just bought this new pair and am patiently waiting for them to come in the mail!
- This affordable Nuloom rug is currently residing in our living room and it has done wonders for the homie-ness of our condo. It's pretty basic and a lot of people have it, but that's because it's chic AF and the braided-edge fringe is a really nice touch.
- Who else has been using MAC products since high school? Well I have just started trying to wear concealer, so I went to the MAC counter at Nordy's and got color matched in this one.
- This sweater on Forever21's site is adorable, but I'm wondering if it is too late in the year. Ahhh but I want it, sooooooo I might get it anyway. It also looks like a "light sweater," right?
- My friend Kat let me steal her new T3 single-pass curling iron and it really has given new life to my curls! I have naturally curly hair, so I like to just curl a few pieces on top on my lazy days. Also, I think hot rollers are the most underrated hair tool. My sister is an avid hot roller junkie and her hair is always so bouncy and voluminous, so I'm tempted to try T3's version.
- Lastly, we are still on the hunt for dining room chairs and these are our top contenders: These wood armchairs with woven leather seats or these West Elm brass wire frame chairs. PS I take umbrage with the cost of dining room chairs- like you know we have to buy at least 4 of these.
That's probably enough items for this week, so I'll save some really great pieces for my next coffee talk.
ONE LOVE, Shannon